Deborah Kinsinger, Ph.D.
I bring professional skill, kindness and compassion to my work.
During more than 35 years in counselling practice my work has expanded and deepened. The wisdom and life experience I bring to my work have enabled me to help many people heal from trauma, learn to improve the quality of their lives, find inner direction, and to find courage and joy again.
My task is to “walk with you” through the distress, despair or trauma, helping you to access your inner resources in a safe, compassionate environment.
People feel safe working with me. Your safety is my highest value. Counselling is both a conversation and a process of “giving birth” to parts of yourself.
Having walked through my own life crises at various times, I understand first hand how it feels to be facing challenging circumstances.
I know the value of a skilled, caring guide as one “walks through the valley” of angst or unrest.
My work is my passion. It is a sacred honour to provide psychotherapy and counselling for each person in my practice, so that you can achieve your life goals and move forward into greater wholeness.
- Ph. D. in Counselling Psychology from the Union Institute and University in Cincinnati, Ohio
- M. Ed. In Adult Counselling from University of Toronto, Ontario
- B.A. in Behavioural Science from Messiah College, Grantham, Pennsylvania
- Registered Clinical Counsellor, BC Association of Clinical Counsellors (BCACC)
- Served as Crisis Counsellor at Stevenson Memorial Hospital in Alliston, Ontario
- Chair of the Department of Psychology at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine, Toronto, Ontario
- Co-Director of the Wellness Institute, Toronto, Ontario
- Program Director of the Rehabilitation Action Program for Scarborough CMHA, Scarborough, Ontario